Today, people may assume that using air dryers after handwashing is just another way to dry hands. But that’s not the case, as jet air dryers spread up to 10x more bacteria.
As society adjusts to a new hygiene environment, people want to feel confident that their workplaces and public spaces they visit are upholding a high standard of hygiene.
Did you know:
· 56% of users surveyed in the UK wish more facilities offered paper hand towels as an alternative to air dryers.
· 76% of users surveyed say they feel more unsafe using facilities with unhygienic public washrooms due to COVID-19.
· 36% of users surveyed agree or strongly agree “I am less likely to go to places that do not offer paper hand towels as a hand drying alternative.”
Hygiene has never been more important than it is today. Did you know that 84% of people surveyed in the UK expect public washrooms to be safer and more hygienic than before COVID-19? Now is the time to rethink hygiene strategies to better serve users’ increased expectations.
A few changes to create more hygienic spaces are:
1. Rethink use of air dryers in public or common-area washrooms. Paper hand towels are more hygienic than air dryers, as jet air dryers can spread up to 10x more bacteria2 into the air by producing more airborne droplets.
2. Switch to paper hand towels. High-capacity Tork paper hand towel dispensers help ensure paper hand towels are available more often after handwashing.
3. Embrace multi-use solutions. Air dryers only do one thing. An added benefit of paper hand towels is they’re multi-use and can support many things such as: blowing noses, wiping mouths, adjusting cosmetics, helping avoid touching dirty taps and door handles, for medical needs, and diaper changes. 60% of people surveyed in the UK say they use paper hand towels to avoid touching different shared surfaces in public washrooms.
The world is beginning to return to work, and hygiene will remain a key priority. Facility managers have a responsibility to maintain high standards of hygiene. This requires having the best tools in place to help reduce the spread of germs and minimise the risk of infection — and that starts in washrooms.
Switching to paper hand towels can help you responsibly get back to work. Did you know:
· Jet air dryers can spread up to 10x more bacteria than paper hand towels. Provide a safer solution with paper hand towels.
· High-capacity Tork dispensers ensure paper hand towels are available more often after handwashing. This decreases the frequency of refill needs so that staff can focus on hygiene critical cleaning.
· With Tork paper hand towel solutions, visitors can take a towel and step aside, supporting social distancing. In fact, 57% of users recently surveyed in the UK say they stop drying hands before completely dry, as air dryers take too long to dry their hands
Tork is committed to helping people feel safer in public spaces with products designed to maintain the high standards of hygiene that society now demands. Please call 01323 445001